Bologna, June 28th - 30th, 2017
The aim of the Conference is to present and review the latest achievements in MODELING, TESTING, DESIGN, CONTROL and HEALTH MONITORING of masonry structures strengthened with composite materials.
Composite materials with continuous fibres embedded in a polymer or cementitious matrix are herein considered as strengthening techniques for masonry.
Seismic vulnerability mitigation, durability and temperature influence are suitable key words to be discussed at the conference.
Presentation of laboratory tests and case studies, described throughly and in details, are strongly encouraged.
The Conference is organized by AICO (Associazione Italiana Compositi per le Costruzioni, established in 1996, www.aico-compositi.it) hosted by the University ALMA MATER of Bologna, with patronage of Università IUAV di Venezia, Wroclaw University of Technology and ROMA TRE University of Rome.
The previous editions were in Venice (Years 2000, 2004, 2009) hosted by Università IUAV di Venezia and in Ravenna (Year 2014) hosted by University ALMA MATER of Bologna.
Now, in 2016, the new edition will present innovative developments. The new field of FRCM (Fabric Reinforced Cementitious Matrix) seems very interesting for compatibility with ancient Masonry. New types of fibres are on the table: PBO, basalt and special steel.
The threat to Heritage due to earthquake encourages us to use the most appropriate technology to preserve the monuments.
The composites are a coherent answer.
- Analysis of Mechanics of Masonry and Models;
- Testing and Computational Modelling of Masonry macro-elements under static and dynamic loadings;
- Performance of Strengthened Masonry with Composites (FRP, FRCM, TRM, SRG);
- Bond, Local Damage, Fatigue and Connections Performance in Masonry/Composites Coupling;
- Design Approaches and Inspection Programs of Masonry Structures strengthening;
- Durability, Health Monitoring (optic fibres …), Maintenance and Repair strengthened Masonry;
- Advanced bio-composites and Nanotechnology for strengthening Historical Constructions;
- Appropriate Composites Technique Evolution for Historical Constructions strengthening;
- Acceptance of Composites Technique Application for seismic protection of Monuments;
- Criticisms on Existing Guide Lines, Standards and Praxis Restoration Rules on Historical Masonry/Composites Coupling;
- FRCM Composites
- Composite structures ancillary to masonry constructions;
- Timber structures strengthened by composites;
- Compressed masonry vaulted structures (and collapse mechanism inhibition by composites).
Angelo Di Tommaso
Gianmarco de Felice
INTERNATIONAL ORGANIZING COMMITTEE
L. Bednarz (Wroclaw Univ.)
N. Galati (ACI Member, USA)
M. Galic (Split Univ.)
L. Righetti (Northumbria Univ.)
I. Stefanou (Ecole des Ponts)
INTERNATIONAL SCIENTIFIC COMMITTEE
J. Adue (Argentina)
T. Bakeer (Germany)
M. Corradi (UK)
M. de Jong (UK)
L. de Lorenzis (Germany)
P. Fajfar (Slovenia)
X. Gu (China)
A. Harapin (Croatia)
J. Jasienko (Poland)
P. Lourenço (Portugal)
W. Mera (Ecuador)
M. Mosoarca (Romania)
A. Nanni (USA)
J. Ochsendorf (USA)
D. Oliveira (Portugal)
M. M. Rafi (Pakistan)
P. Roca Fabregat (Spain)
J. Rots (Netherlands)
K. Sab (France)
I. Stefanou (France)
K. Subramaniam (India)
D. Theodossopoulos (UK)
G. Tumialan (USA)
W. Zhang (China)
Daniela Bufo (AICO)
Susanna Casacci (UniBO)
Giovanni Castellazzi (UniBO)
Antonio Maria D’Altri (UniBO)
Angelo Di Tommaso (AICO, UniBO)
Cristina Gentilini (UniBO)
ITALIAN SCIENTIFIC COMMITTEE
S. Briccoli Bati
G. de Felice
R. Di Marco
B. de Nicolo
A. La Tegola
KEY LECTURE SPEAKERS
G. de Felice